Friday, June 18, 2010

I'M A CHILD OF THE KING

*
My Father is rich in houses and lands;
He holdeth the wealth of the world in His hands!
Of rubies and diamonds, of silver and gold,
His coffers are full-He has riches untold.

My Father's own Son, the Savior of men,
Once wandered o'er earth as the poorest of them;
But now He is reigning forever on high,
And will give me a home in heav'n by and by.
I once was an outcast stranger on earth,
A sinner by choice and an alien by birth;
I followed the world without counting the cost
Ran from God and chased the Lost
Finally there came that day
When I fell on my knees to pray
From His Glory He reached down
And dried the tear of one hell bound
I am His tool. His will be done
I carry His words and serve His Son
I never knew life could be like this
Embraced by love and surrounded by bliss
I've been adopted; my name's written down
I’m a heir to a mansion, a robe, and a crown.
A tent or a cottage,why should I care?
They're building a palace for me over there!
Though exiled from home, yet still I may sing:
All glory to God, I'm a child of the King.

1 comment: