Monday, March 8, 2010

WEAKER VESSELS STRONGER PORTS

How can a Woman be a weaker Vessel??
How can you call the carrier of the fetus for nine months weak
Do you describe the cleaner of a baby’s diaper as weak?
Do you call the one who brings a mighty man to his knees as weak?
The one who wakes up, when all are asleep

The one whose hands need know gloves to lift the pot
The one who sits and washes her infants hair
These creatures surely can’t be weak….
For it’s that weakness that gives them their greatest strength
We may call them weaker vessels,
But we all know they are stronger ports
What would we do or be without them
We wouldn’t even come into existence
Our drive for work and success would be meaningless
Our predatory hunting nature would be aimless
We’d be totally bored without them
No doubt, we’d be incomplete without them
Today, I celebrate every great woman
Who’s walked the surface of this planet
I salute every
Sarah, who has followed their husband’s dream
Not even sure if he knew where he was going
But believing in the man, they’ve come to call their own
I salute every
Rahab, who put their past behind and looked forward
Who made kindness their apparels of beauty.
Who’s poise keeps the entire family alive
I salute every
Ruth, who couldn’t sit down idle doing nothing
Who are ready to rub shoulders with the men on the field
And bring home, something for all to dine with
I salute every
Esther, who is brave to ensure right trumps wrong
Who throws away prestige, pride, and pageantry
To bring justice, equity, freedom and unity
I salute every
Hannah, who knows her greatest assets, is her knees
Who’s faith in the invisible, is unwavering and unshaken
Who remember that all good and perfect gifts come from HIM
I salute every
Mary, who has chosen to stay pure and sacred,
Ready to God’s will, whenever he asks or chooses
And delivering hope to a decaying, perverse world
I salute every
Eunice, who sit and remind us to love God
Who’s tears and care shape our lives for great achievement
Who picture us being cuddled in the Savior’s arms
I salute my mama,
Who carried me, weaned me , spanked me
Cuddled me, corrected me, guided me,
Protected me, prayed for me and Loved me
……. I Bow my head in utmost gratitude to every…..
Wonderful
Outstanding
Memorable
Amazing
Noble………human who’s been a blessing to me
THANK YOU FOR MAKING OUR WORLD …COMPLETE
Happy International Woman’s Day
Ocharlyie © March 8th 2010

3 comments:

  1. Only a man secure in his place would dare exalt a specie that many for centuries have chosen to look down upon! Thank you Oribi...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i always believed in your potential...but lately it seems you are off air...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Shigo...I am boucing back and taking whats mine...(hmmn, did that come out right?)...Thanks for the belief!!

    ReplyDelete