Wednesday, June 29, 2011

DEAR UNBORN CHILD

Its been like 7 whole months since I updated my blog, that feels like a life time. One would expect that after all this hibernation, I would come up with a bang or something bizarre. Soon, they'll come but I was going through my old stuff when I stumbled on something I wrote 8 years ago one lonely birthday evening....Now I'm smiling reading it.....Hope u enjoy it too.....And Expect more from this day on......



Dear Unborn Child,
It’s about a quarter to midnight and I’m wondering where you are right now, probably playing in heaven; I’m wondering how and when you’ll come and if you’ll ever see this letter. Just thought you should know that papa was not always tough, strict or even too hard. I’m just an ordinary guy.
I wish you were a girl, then I would watch you turn into a beauty, a beauty that isn't just in the face but also in the heart. But then if you’re a boy, we’ll have to learn to work together; for manhood is not about build or intelligence. It’s more about give and God.
I must confess that I am really scared even as I scribble this, I wonder what kind of upbringing I would give you. You see dad’s life was so weird that even Grandma and Grandpa couldn’t understand him. I hope you’ll love me for who I am, a gentle, weak, strong willed, caring but importantly an unpredictable person.
I’ve got faults, faults I may never tell you about, faults that bring tears to my face and aches to my heart. As of now, the picture of mum is still a bit vague; she’s out there probably waiting for me or should I say I’m waiting for the courage to say a real HI. At this age, I’ve seen candidates for mum, but mum has to be special like you, someone who I can exchange my faults for her love and complete trust.
I really wish you could come sooner but I am sure you don’t want to meet an unprepared Dad, I didn’t think so.
I’m sure your Mum sends her regards and her unbiased Love.
I’m sure you are wondering and saying Dad, what’s the point of all this, well the it's simple. I LOVE YOU and I sometimes feel you twitch in my bones.
Dad’s got to go now, sleep is necessary for me to prepare for your coming to this world. Please remember this; I Love God and when I fail you, tell him about me, we have a way of communicating to each other.
Take care, sweet child. Papa’s waiting and I’m sure Mummy is too.
I LOVE YOU
Yours Sincerely & Affectionately
Oribi
Your Dad
© June 9 2003

1 comment:

  1. Masterpiece. "Papa" will be the best father "Unborn Child" could ever have. I'm sure about that!

    ReplyDelete